New additions announced for Microsoft Office platform at Build conference
Microsoft’s Office is the world’s most popular suite of productivity tools for getting most of your things done and it is used by almost 1.2 billion people across the world. Developers play important role in building the new experiences for the users in Office world. They can extend the functionality of the Office apps using add-ins to introduce their custom capabilities to the users and connect to Office 365 through the open APIs.
In the Microsoft’s Build conference, San Francisco, the company has announced the next generation capabilities for the developers to build the new integrated capabilities which can enhance the productivity for its enormous user base. Here are the new additions to the Microsoft Office platform.
- A sneak peak of the new Office Graph API: Developers can now develop the powerful solutions which can tap into the rich data and machine learning capabilities to tailor the smarter apps. This can be done through the new single unified API endpoint.
- Office add-in capabilities are extended: Added Excel for iPad support for add-ins, developers can reach over to 1.2 Billion Office users. PowerPoint and Excel support for iPad are coming soon.
- Add-ins for Outlook: Allow you to extend the Outlook.com by adding your own capabilities to more than 400 million users.
- Unified APIs for enterprises: Accessing the data will be now easier through the set of commercial and the consumer APIs available for Outlook, OneNote, OneDrive and OneDrive for Business services.
- Office 365 Groups API: Office suite developers can now develops the apps that take advantage of the native team collaboration capabilities of Office 365 groups.
- Simpler API endpoint access: Access the Office 365 data through the single API endpoint.
- Office 365 Developer program: To offer the easy access to the latest news and resources, Microsoft has introduced new community for the developers working with Office suite.
- New Skype Developer platform: Microsoft has offered new developer tools and opportunities for Skype application and enable the web developers to create solutions which let the businesses to connect with their customers, vendors which can improve the vendor-customer relationship through simple Skype button, mobile apps and browser based chatting which lets sharing, audio and video calling and more options.