Lync 2013 Windows Phone app will become Skype for Business very soon
Lync 2013 Windows Phone app just got updated and witnessed a bump to the version v5.9.1371.0 in Windows Phone store. However this is the minor update with no new features. Microsoft has revealed that Lync Windows Phone app will soon become Skype for Business. This change will bring fresh User Interface and simplified controls to all the features and functionality that you know already.
- If you are the regular user of Skype consumer version, then Skype for Business version looks very familiar to you : the contact list, indicators, presence, buttons and icons and the app sounds would make you feel right at home.
- All the fundamental Lync features are still there such as Quick action buttons, which allow you for Instant Messaging or call the contact with just two applications. In the conversation window of Lync app, chat text is formatted such that you can easily find who is talking.
- Skype for Business app includes same set of emoticons that are found in Skype consumer version.
- All the Skype for business data that is stored locally on the Windows Phone such as recent conversations, voice mails, user ratings, pictures now encrypted.
- If your company is using Skype for Business Server 2015, you will see the better integration between Skype for Business for Windows Phone and other devices and the ability to communicate with the users using Skype’s commercial version.
- Windows Phone conversation sync: Your recent conversations will be now automatically synced across the devices. You can view all your conversations, regardless of whether they took place on your mobile device or desktop. This let you to continue the recent conversation or respond to the messages wherever you are.
- Improved Instant Messaging reliability: When you receive any Instant message on your Windows Phone it is automatically accepted even if you miss the notification.
- Communicate with the Skype contacts: If you are having Skype users in your contacts, you can communicate through audio call, Instant messaging or video call.