Windows Phone 8.1 update 2 changelog
Today, Microsoft has posted the official change log for the recently released Windows Phone 8.1 update 2 on their support site. Though the update is already released, changelog will clearly explain what are the important features in the new release. This new updates brings support for Bluetooth keyboards, new settings UI and more. Here is the complete list of the changelog.
- Settings: Now it is very easy to find the phone settings. Tap one of the new settings categories to jump to it and use Search to find the setting or pan down to per use in the orthodox way. Also, phone settings can also be pinned to start.
- Calendar: Agenda view is added back.
- Name your phone: Give a name to your phone without connecting it to the computer. Go to Settings > About > Edit name to name it.
- Virtual Private Network: Now you can use the certificates to sign in for L2TP VPN connections. Always on VPN profiles are now supported too and so you are automatically and always connected.
- Bluetooth: Type with more than your thumbs? Yes. you can now connected to the external keyboard using Bluetooth keyboard. Also you can now get the text messages straight from your car if it has the Bluetooth compatible system. This offers very convenient way to type, send and receive the text messages.
- App Privacy Permissions: Now you can control whether an app can access your contacts, calendar, camera, microphone and text messages. Just go to Settings > App Permissions to get started.