Microsoft rolling out new features to Outlook.com
Last week Microsoft has announced few updates to Outlook.com such as refined Inbox, upgraded calendar, new ways to collaborate and more. Currently these updates are in the preview and Outlook team is first rolling out these features to the small group of users. After sometime, these new features will be made available to the public through the opt-in program in next weeks. Here let us have a look at the new features.
Microsoft has introduced lot of new features for Outlook.com. Check out here for the details of the new features such as refined inbox, upgraded calendar and more.
Revamped Inbox with new features
- Clutter Folder: Clutter feature will let you to manage your Inbox by sorting out the messages, which are likely to ignore into a separate folder. It is the self learning feature which will get better as much as you use. You can also train clutter by dragging the messages into or out of the clutter folder. If you don’t want this feature, you can also turn this off.
- Search suggestions and Refiners: Quicker search with suggestions and highlighting the search term. Improve your search results based on sender, date, attachments and folders using refiners.
- Link Preview: Outlook.com will generate the link preview in the message such that the recipient can see the attachment without opening the link.
- Easily copy and paste the images in the message body wherever required and messages can be popped out into new window for multi tasking.
- Important mails can be pinned at top and other mails can be marked with flags for followup.
- Supports add-ins, Bing maps, my templates and suggested meeting the add-ins are built into the Outlook.com while the 3rd party add-ins offered by many partners such as Boomerang, Uber and PayPal. 13 new themes were also added.
Collaborate in new ways
- New Skype experience is introduced which offers seamless shift conversation between email and Skype. Call button is introduced to start the voice or video call.
- Microsoft has made it easier to upload the file and setting the permissions.
- With the Side by side views feature, your content and the conversations coexist. Email attachments can be viewed side by side and view or edit the Office documents replying to the email.
Calendar inside Outlook.com has got improved navigation and new features makes it simple to manage the shared calendars. New collapsible panels are introduced on left and right side of the calendar.
Outlook.com improved with rich app based experience across Windows, Android and iOS apps. For those who are using mobile browser, Outlook has introduced neat UI with additional features such as swipe gestures and add-ins support and mobile friendly views for calendar and contacts.