Microsoft launched PowerShell for Office 365 to help IT administrators
Microsoft today has launched the new website called PowerShell for Office 365, designed to help the Office 365 IT administrators to get started with the Windows PowerShell for Office 365. Microsoft has announced this at the Microsoft Ignite event and this websites is targeted the IT administrators who are having no experience with Windows PowerShell. PowerShell for Office is focused on the simple scenarios that are entirely focused on Office Administration.
Learning about PowerShell for the Office 365 platform makes IT admin jobs easier and more efficient. For instance, consider if your organization goes through large scale reorganization where the names of the departments gets changed and move to different management. In case of dealing with less number of changes and few people Office 365 Admin center can be quickly used to make the changes. Office 365 Admin Center is more capable of making all the changes and the amount of work and time it take would be very high if the IT admin had to edit the users one by one.
Using PowerShell the updates can be made in three easy steps. First export the users list into a CSV file. Second, is make the necessary edits in the CSV file and next import the edited user list back into Office 365. PowerShell scripts, help you to automate the process of making changes to the company directory to match your organization.
Remember that PowerShell doesn’t replace the Office 365 Admin center, but they are complementary tools. Potential of the PowerShell becomes apparent when you handle some scenarios like.
- Adding or editing the large number of users.
- Using multiple filters to sort through the data.
- Exporting the data like users lists and groups.
- Configuring less commonly used settings.
This PowerShell Office 365 site is aimed at to get you speed with PowerShell as soon as and it is organized to offer you with the following right from beginning.
- Features the consolidated guide to help you to setup your PC to run PowerShell.
- Simple and applicable common scenarios.
- Sample scripts you can download, edit and then use them right away.
- Links to the resources like Technet to get more details.
- Allow you to connect with your peers and with Microsoft in Office 365 network.
PowerShell website, let you to start the journey in learning the valuable tool for administering Office 365 to help you to complete your tasks quickly and easily. Get started with PowerShell for Office 365.