Microsoft Edge changelog in Windows 10 Build 10158
Today Microsoft has released the new Windows Build 10158 for Windows Insiders. The new build has brought in lot of new changes to the Microsoft Edge browser such as branding for the first time, dark theme support and lot of others features. Let us have a look at the complete changelog.
Microsoft Edge Changelog
- Project Spartan is first time branded as Microsoft Edge in Build 10158.
- The new update will now support audio playback in the background, even if the browser is minimized or running in background.
- Tabs now can be dragged and dropped onto the new window.
- Home button is now introduced and it can be accessed through Settings > Advanced Settings and turn on Show me home button.
- Ability to import your favorites and bookmarks from other browser has been introduced.
- New options are introduced for changing what you see when you first the Edge browser.
- New customizations were added for the new tab page and you can select to set the top sites and suggested content.
- Password and form fill support has been added which lets you to manage the passwords on the frequently visited websites.
- Choose either light or dark theme.
- Web notes can be saved into your OneNote account.
Edge has got a new app ID which will cause the favorites, cookies, history and reading list items which you have saved in Project Spartan from the previous builds that were lost after upgrading. If you want to keep these things, then make sure that you have backed up your favorites before upgrading to Build 10158.