Lync Windows Phone app replaced with Skype for Business in latest update
Today, Microsoft has launched its new Skype for Business app in Windows Phone store as a replacement to its old Lync 2013 app. It is already known that Microsoft is testing its new Skype for Business service from few months ago and now it pulled the trigger and made the app available to everyone.
Let us have a look at main features of Skype for Business app.
- View shared content during the meetings right from your mobile device.
- Initiate the group conversation either Instant Messaging or Video calling and also invite the additional participants.
- Join, rejoin and initiate Skype for Business meeting to communicate and collaborate the amazing ideas.
- Control the meetings you have initiated. Either mute the conversation or remove the attendees.
- Ability to transfer your calls to another phone number or another contact.
- Continue the conversations from the point where you ended up last.
- Join the Skype for Business account even if you are not having Skype for Business account.
- Enhanced security with Skype for Business certificate and passive authentication.
Along with the new name and logo, the app also received many improvements and new additions compared to Lync Windows Phone app 2013 version. Have a look at below.
- New look, feel and emoticons.
- At-rest data encryption(Requires Re-install)
- Server side Conversation History Support(Requires Skype for Business Server).
Anyone can use Skype for Business Windows Phone app when invited to the Lync or Skype for Business meeting. To use this, you need to have a Lync or Skype for Business account.