How to fix Your Windows 8.1 install couldn’t be completed error
Windows 8.1 is the latest Operating System from Microsoft and if you are running Windows 8 on your PC, then you can download and install Windows 8.1 on your system for free using the Windows Store. Everything works fine, but some of our reader has complained that they are facing a strange problem that, when you click on the Download button in the Windows 8.1 download page, the download process will start but after sometime you may get the following error.
Your Windows 8.1 install couldn't be completed Something happened and the install of Windows 8.1 can't be completed [Try again] [Cancel]
Even if you click on the Try again button you will get the same error again and again. Sometimes you will also get 0x80240031 error code. The main reason for this error is you PC will be not having all the Windows updates installed. There will be some updates pending which are need to be installed.
How to solve this
- Navigate to Windows updates on your PC and check for the latest updates. Here make sure that you have installed all the available updates on your PC.
- Also check for the hidden updates by clicking on the Restore hidden updates option present in the left sidebar. If you find any hidden update is there then install it immediately.
- If still there are some important updates required by the Windows 8.1 downloader then find those missing updates, then it will display the error message.
- You can leave the optional updates like Silverlight, Bing Desktop etc, unchecked but don’t leave any crucial updates.
- After installing all the updates restart your PC and now you will get any error while downloading and installing Windows 8.1 from the Windows Store.