How to fix The products we found in your account can’t be used to activate error in Microsoft Office 2013
Microsoft last year released the Microsoft Office 2013 and if you have installed this on your Windows PC and trying to activate it using Office 365 account login credentials or Windows Live ID, then it doesn’t get activated and you will get the below error in Microsoft Office 2013.
The products we found in your account can’t be used to activate Microsoft 2013 application
The account isn’t associated with this Office Product. To activate this install, please sign in with the account associated with your product.
You will receive the same error message irrespective of which application you are trying to activate, either it may be Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Visio.
This error occurs if you have already installed customer preview version of Office 2013 on your PC and now trying to install the final version of Office 2013. Even if you have uninstalled the customer preview version, its product key, registry keys and license details will be stored in Windows which will create a license mismatch issue and Office 2013 applications display this error when you are trying to activate them.
How to fix
There are two way to fix this issue.
- Open Control Panel on your PC and here find Programs and features and click on it.
- From the list click on Microsoft Office 2013 and click on Change button in the toolbar.
- This action will open Microsoft Office 2013 setup wizard and will display the following options.
- Add or remove features.
- Enter a product key.
- Click on Enter a product key option and click on continue button in bottom right corner.
- Enter 25 digit product key and then click on continue button.
That’s it will take few seconds and the Office application will be activated without any problem.
If the above doesn’t work, then use Control Panel to solve this error. In this method you need to uninstall the product keys of the preview version of Office 2013 manually.
- Open Command prompt with administrator privileges. For this if you are using Windows 7 then search for cmd in search menu and from the options right click on command prompt and select Run as Administrator. If you are using Windows 8, press Win+X keys and from the options click on Command Prompt(Admin) option.
- Now execute the following command in the command prompt
CD C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice15
If you have installed Windows in other drive on your PC, then replace C with the dive where you installed Windows.
- This action will activate the Office 2013 program folder and then execute the following command.
cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus
This may take few seconds and display the information related to Microsoft Office 2013 licence.
- Note down last 5 characters of the product keys from every section and run the below command for every product key.
cscript ospp.vbs /unpkey:last_5_characters_of_product_key
Run this command for all the product keys.
- Finally uninstall all the existing Office versions from your computer and reinstall Microsoft Office 2013.
That’s it, it should now activate Office 2013 without any issue. We recommend you to go for first method, if it doesn’t work then choose the second method.