Dropbox for Windows Phone updated with video streaming
Dropbox is the popular cloud storage service and today Dropbox for Windows Phone has picked an update which bumps the version to 2.2. The latest update is the solid one which brings in great features and improvements, including video streaming and new Recents file tab.
- Recents tab: Say goodbye to the static file list. New home view is introduced that brings in list of all the files which you have used recently on your device or dropbox.com. The files which you need to mostly on the go will always be front and center.
- Invitations: You can earn more space by inviting your friends to use Dropbox. If the friend uses your invitation to signup for an account and installs Dropbox app on their computer, smartphone or tablet and signs into the app then both of you will get bonus space.
- Now no need to download the video files stored on your Dropbox , you can watch them, save time and bandwidth.
- Save the web links on to your Dropbox account.
- Open the internet shortcuts.
- Add a text viewer.
- New option for favourites and view them in the parent folder.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Dropbox is available as the universal app for Windows 8.1 platform as well, but today’s update is not available to the Windows 8.1 version, but only available to Windows Phone. Dropbox is completely available for free.