Download Microsoft Office 2016 Preview
Microsoft has finally released the preview version of its upcoming Office 2016 suite to the public. For now Office 2016 Preview can be downloaded and installed only using the Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus subscription, because Microsoft has released this preview to the business, IT professionals and developers and commercial customers only. So Microsoft has named this preview as IT Pro and Developer Preview of Office 2016 for Windows desktop.
As this is just an early preview version, it doesn’t contain all the features that comes with the full version. But Microsoft will keep adding new features to the Office 2016 preview version through the updates. Another notable thing with this preview version is, it will not run side by side with any previous installed version of the Office.
Below are the features that Microsoft has introduced with the new Office 2016.
- Improvement in keyboard accessibility for high-value Excel features like PivotTables and Slicers.
- Fixed readability issues in Outlook and added new dark theme.
- RPC-based sync replaced by new MAPI-HTTP protocol to support Exchange/Outlook connectivity.
- Use of foreground network calls eliminated to make Outlook more responsive on the unreliable networks.
- Offers support for the multi-factor authentication with the integration of Active Directory Authentication Library.
- Improvements were made in email delivery performance like downloading messages, displaying message list and displaying new emails after resuming from hibernation.
- Introduced new settings to manage the disk storage by retaining 1,3,7,10,30 days of mail on the device.
- FAST based search engine is integrated into Exchange.
- Performance and reliability improvements and improved usability of Outlook search.
Click to Run deployment:
- Improved network traffic management using Background Intelligence Transfer Service.
- Better integration with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to allow admins to efficiently download and distribute monthly Office updates.
- Additional options were added to manage frequency of feature updates and bug fixes download.
- New options manage frequency of feature updates and bug fixes.
- Simplified activation management to allow admins to manage device activations across users.
Data Loss Protection:
Previously DLP feature was available in Microsoft Outlook, Exchange, OneDrive for Business and SharePoint only. Now the same feature has been implemented in Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs of Office 2016. With the help of DLP, you can create, manage and enforce polices for content authoring and document sharing as a part of user restrictions.
Information Rights Management:
Implementation of IRM protection in Visio files to enable both online and offline protection of Visio diagrams.
If you are having Office 365 Pro Plus subscription already, then download Office 2016 suite from the below link.