Bing Maps revamped version preview is live on web, brings lot of new features
Today, Microsoft has released the revamped version of its Bing maps services on web. The revamped version is currently available in public preview and brings in lot of new features and improvements which also includes some new search results cards.
- View information of the multiple destinations with new results cards. The latest Bing Maps Preview version will organize your searches into “cards” that are displayed to the left of the map. This cards allow the multiple destinations in single view and every card will display the relevant information like opening and closing times, similar business services nearby and more. With the every stop on your trip, it is very easier to plan a night out.
- Explore the places and plan accordingly using the new layout. The latest Bing Maps preview is touch friendly and intuitively designed. You can choose your preferred map style such Aerial or Road by just clicking the button present to right of the map. Perform the actions like “Save as favorite”, “add to route” and “view streetside” by just right clicking on your screen.
- Nobody want to stuck in traffic, so plan your travel times with the enhanced directions. Using the predicitve routing feature, Bing Maps Preview brings in an option to enter the day and time you plan to travel such you can see the estimated journey time.
- Easily find the restaurants, hotels, gas stations along your route. Along the route is the new feature introduced in Bing Maps that help you to find the places that you might want to stop during your journey.
- Explore the improved streetside views easily. New split screen layout offers a great street side view of your destination and shows the map directly under it. You can view the 360 degree view of the area and drag the mouse along the map to view the new location.
- It is best thing to provide the quick access to your most visited and loved destinations. So Microsoft has made it easy to save your locations with MyPlaces very easily. You can save the location under work, home or favorite with just a click and it will sync with Cortana and Maps app in your Windows.
- Share your travel plans with your friends and colleagues. Your travel companions will receive an email from you with set of result cards which they can view on their desktop or from Windows Phone app.
Check the latest Bing Maps Preview from here and it is currently available in the countries like US, UK, Canada, Australia, India, Indonesia, Malaysia and South Africa.